This FAQ has been compiled from some of our most common situations. We will continue to add to it as we go, and if you have any suggestions, please drop up an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to midrealm.org
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, find the link to Service Portal and click it
- Click the green "Login" button
- Enter your username and password. OR:
- If you don't have a username, click "Create Account" and fill in your information. (skip to #7)
- If your password no longer works or you don't remember it, you'll need to click "forgot password" and enter your email address.
- You will receive an email from "email@example.com" with the subject line "Reset password for midrealm.org" — if you don't get it, check your spam folder. The email will have a temporary password, which you will reset to something of your own as soon as you use it to log in.
- Once you are logged in, click your name in the upper right corner of the screen to go to your profile.
- Fill in (or correct) all the information in your profile. No personal info is public unless you select it so. Upload a photo and device if you want to.
- Make sure you fill in your membership number and expiration date!
- You can add or change names listed under "Alternative Names." I recommend putting in any nicknames or common misspellings of your name.
- Do not select "Account Locked" as "yes;" this will disable your log in and lock you out of your own account.
- Click the green "Apply Changes" button, near the bottom, when you are done.
- Go to the Service Portal. You do not have to log in.
- In the menu on the left (or the "hamburger" menu icon, if on mobile), select Populace > Populace Directory.
- Locate the search bar at the top of the screen, and put in any part of your name. (See #3 in "Helpful Hints..." below, for more on how to use the search tool.)
- Search for any common misspellings, previous names or aliases.
- If you find you have multiple profiles, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the SCA names, and let us know which of your profile is the one you are logging into. The help desk team will merge your profiles so your login will include all awards, offices, and alternative names. Regional officers also have the power to merge profiles.
- Log in to the Service Portal if you are not currently logged in.
- Look for the menu at the left (on mobile, the “hamburger” menu icon in the upper left), select Officer Reports > Create officer report.
- Enter the year and select the quarter. Make sure these are right; you can’t change this once it’s submitted! *** (See Notes on when to Contact the Helpdesk!)
- Select your Group/Office by clicking the menu arrow on the far right of the field. Your offices will be listed in a popup menu; click to select.
- Indicate if you have read your handbooks, yes or no.
- Click the green “Save report and add questions” button at the bottom right.
If you get an error at this step, you have attempted to create a report for the same office, year, and quarter as an existing report.
Go to Officer Reports > List of Officer Reports to see your saved report and open it for editing. If you (or your seneschal) have already submitted a report for this office/year/quarter, you cannot submit another.
- To answer each question, click on the box in that row under “Report Answer.” You may have to double-click for it to open. Type your answer or copy-and-paste from your favorite text editor. You can use the “hamburger” menu icon next to the questions to view the questions one row at a time with “single row view.” DO NOT change the questions; having more than one of the same question will result in an error. If you see an “edit” button, DO NOT click on it.
- Note the three buttons at the bottom:
Submit Report — this locks down your answers and alerts your superiors that you’ve submitted your report. Don’t click this button until you are ready!
Delete — this will delete your report.
Save Changes — this saves your report so that you can go back to it later.
- If you are typing your answers directly into the report, it’s best to click the “save” button after each answer. If your computer logs you out in the middle of composing an answer, no answers will be saved.
- Once you are ready to send your report to your superiors, click “Submit Report.” Email alerts that your report was submitted will be automatically sent to your personal email and all officers above you who have authority to view your report.
- The system saves all reports. You can go back to Officer Reports > List of Officer Reports to see previous reports or edit a saved report. (Submitted reports are not editable.) Click the pencil icon to open the report. If you are a group officer who should see reports from others, you can go to List of Officer Reports to see those as well. To find specific reports in the list, use the search or filter functions (click on a column header to type a filter).
All about Email (powered by G Suite).
So all the midrealm.org email accounts are part of G Suite and thus are Gmail accounts. To access your email, just go to gmail.com.
When you are using Gmail with a domain name like midrealm.org (instead of gmail.com), you have to use the entire email address as the username, e.g. email@example.com.
- On your computer, go to https://gmail.com.
- In the prompt, enter your officer email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and click next.
- Enter your password.
- Google may display the following:
Verify it’s you - This device isn’t recognized. For your security, Google wants to make sure it’s really you.
Confirm the recovery address you added to your account:
Enter your group’s seneschal email as the recovery address.
If you already use Gmail in your browser, first go to your email:
- In the upper right corner, there will be a circle with an icon that stands for your account. If you have added a photo to your account, it will appear in that circle. If you hover your mouse over it, your account name and email address will be displayed.
- Click on that circle. A pop-up will appear with your account name and info at the top, but down near the bottom will be a button for "add account" next to the "sign out" button.
- Click the "add account" button, and a new window will open. If you already have multiple accounts, they will be listed here. At the bottom, you can select "use another account."
- Now you will have a prompt for entering the email address of the new account. After entering that and clicking "next" you'll get the prompt for entering the password.
- You can be signed into more than one Gmail account at a time. You can open additional Gmail accounts by going back to the circle in the upper right. Any accounts that you are currently signed into will appear in that list. We recommend adjusting the background image or color of each account so they look different (click the gear icon in upper right, go to Themes) to help identify which you are using at a glance!
If you're like many of us, you find it easier to have all your mail forwarded to a single account. These are instructions on how to do that. (Note: keep in mind that if your Office is required to use Google Docs, Drive, Forms, etc., you sill still need to log into your Gmail account to access them.) Forwarding:
- On your computer, open Gmail: either go to https://gmail.midrealm.org or switch accounts if already using Gmail in your browser. Log in to your email@example.com account.
- In the top right, click the icon that looks like a gear.
- Select Settings.
- Click the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab.
- In the "Forwarding" section, click "Add a forwarding address".
- A pop-up window appears. Enter the email address you want to forward messages to, your personal email. Click Next.
- A new pop-up window appears, to confirm the forwarding. Click Proceed.
- An alert appears that "A confirmation code has been sent to [your email] to verify permission." Click OK.
- A verification message will be sent to your email address. Click the verification link in that message.
- Go back to the settings page for firstname.lastname@example.org, and refresh your browser. Go to the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab again.
- In the "Forwarding" section, select "Forward a copy of incoming mail to" and make sure your email appears in the menu box.
- Select "keep Middle Kingdom SCA Mail's copy in the Inbox."
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
To add or change a recovery email address;
- Log in to your email@example.com account
- Go to your Google Account at https://myaccount.google.com/
- On the left navigation panel, click Personal info.
- On the Contact info section, click Email.
- From here, you can: • Add a recovery email. • Change or delete the recovery email: Next to your email, select Edit, follow the steps on the screen.
- Don't forget to change this recovery email for the next person who uses this account
Accessing the Peerage Portals
- Make sure you know what quarter you are filing your report for.
- Make sure your seneschal has not already filed a report for you.
- If you see an “edit” button above your report question rows, do not click it.
- If you accidently click a question and get the popup menu with all the questions in it, be sure to select only the question that should be in that row.
- The safest way to fill out lengthy answers in your report is to type them in a text editor first, then copy and paste your answers into your report form. Save your text editor file until your report is safely submitted.
- Log in, and either open your existing report or begin a new report.
- Click the “Actions” button above your question rows.
- In the Actions menu, go to Selection > Cell Selection
- Click on the top question cell. It will highlight.
- Hold the shift key down, and select the bottom question. Now all question cells will be highlighted. You can also press the down arrow while holding the shift key to select cells.
- Once you have selected your questions, press Control-C (control and C keys together on your keyboard) to copy the questions. You can also go to Actions > Selection > Copy to Clipboard.
- Open your text editing application, place your cursor where you would like the questions to go, and press Control-V to paste (or, use your application’s menu to paste the clipboard content).
- Type your answers to each question in your text editor, and when you are ready to copy your answers into the report follow these steps:
- In the editor, highlight one answer at a time. Control-C to copy (or use your application’s menu.)
- Go to your report, click (or double click if needed) on the “Report Answer” box to open it, and when you see the blinking cursor press Control-V to paste your answer in.